- Motivational Speaker’s TED Talk – The Power of Tenacity
- As a Child, I Didn’t Ask To Be Abused or Abandoned. I Paid Dearly For My Parents Rage and Mistakes.
- Your Past Does Not Make You a Failure. Let Go and Fear Not.
- Foster Care Prepared Me To Fight For My Life and Future-Motivational Speaker Derek Clark
- Youth Motivational Speaker Derek Clark Helps Youth Believe In Their Greatness
- First Nations Child Welfare Conference in Canada Rocked!
- Finding Hope, Joy and Success. No More Excuses!
- Find a Powerful Purpose For Your Life. Derek Clark Motivational Speaker
- Foster Parent? Foster Care Speaker Will Inspire You To Believe!
- Overcome Excuses and Forgive! Motivational Speaker and Foster Care Expert Derek Clark Inspires.
- About Derek Clark-Motivational Speaker, Foster Care Expert and Child Welfare Speaker on
- Foster Care Speaker and Motivational Speaker Derek Clark Details Unanswered Questions From His Past on
- Hanging out with Darius Rucker on
- Motivational Speaker and Foster Care Speaker Derek Clark Share His Story “Child Abuse Will Not Destroy My Spirit!” on
- Motivational Speaker and Foster Care Speaker, Derek Clark Says Don’t Let An Excuse Control Your Life! on
Tag Archives: adopting older children
Christian Youth Speaker, Motivational and Inspirational Speaker and Foster Parent Speaker Derek Clark Shares His New Song “God Save That Little Boy”
This song says it all about never giving up hope on God. My 3 year old daughter sings along with me. It is amazing that she walked into my recording studio that day and started singing. Her voice is angelic in this song. I was recently the keynote speaker for The Bair Foundation National Christian Conference and they made this wonderful video for me. I had sent them a few photos of me growing up in foster care
and then they downloaded my song on iTunes and came up with this emotional video. I love it! Thank you to Dorie and Brandy!
Have you ever given up on God? Or been close to giving up on Him? I have. This is the story of a spiritual journey: from feeling abandoned by God to feeling embraced by God. For years I’d felt an oppressive weight bearing down on me: the burden of anger against God. Why did it feel like He never stuck up for me? Why didn’t He rescue me from the abuse, loneliness, and pain of a troubled childhood? Why didn’t He stop my parents from abandoning me to the foster care system? With every disappointment, I became more and more convinced He wasn’t there, wasn’t guiding me through my struggles. He either could not or would not comfort me during the hard times; the times I needed Him most. I didn’t fear God, and secretly despised Him.
It was the drowning death and resuscitation of a young girl that forced me to rethink my contentious and unhealthy relationship with God. Knocked hard out of my irreligious complacency, I came to see tragedy, hope, suffering, and overcoming with new clarity and understanding. Adversity, I realized, can be one of God’s greatest blessings. This spiritual epiphany has filled me with immeasurable gratitude: for the breath of life, the goodness around me, and even for the sad, troubled past I had to overcome. This is a story about rediscovering God, and gaining awareness of His presence.
A former High-Risk Foster Child with thirteen years in the foster care system, Derek W. Clark is an Inspiring Motivational Speaker and Author. As a helpless child, Derek was nearly institutionalized due to erratic behavioral problems and violent tendencies. He is a survivor of child abuse, and was diagnosed early on as mentally handicapped. As he developed, it became clear to his foster parents that this diagnosis was without merit. Even against unbelievable odds, Derek never gave up, using music, laughter, will power, and positive decision-making to triumph over adversity. He is the author of the autobiographical books I Will Never Give Up For The Teenager, I Will Never Give Up, which received the highest rating of 5 Stars from the American Authors Association and I Will Never Give Up On God Again. Derek is an inspiring motivational speaker and inspirational speaker. Continue reading →
Motivational Speaker, Youth Motivational Speaker and Inspirational Author Derek Clark Shares His Powerful Message For Youth.
To Find Out More About Motivational Speaker and Inspirational Author Derek Clark, Visit www.IWillNeverGiveUp.com Derek Clark is an inspirational and motivational speaker and author of the I Will Never Give Up® book series. His audiences will be ignited with the … Continue reading →
Derek Clark is an international motivational speaker and trainer. He speaks to all kinds of audiences ranging from youth motivation, foster parents and corporate keynotes. Find More About Motivational Speaker/Author Derek Clark at www.IWillNeverGiveUp.com What does it mean to be … Continue reading →
Youth Motivational Speaker Derek Clark Says Never Give Up! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation.
Derek Clark is an inspiring youth motivational speaker. Find More About Motivational Speaker/Author Derek Clark at www.IWillNeverGiveUp.com I received an email from a person that wanted to commit suicide. I am sharing my response with you all in an effort … Continue reading →